15 Must-Have Eco-Friendly Kits And Bundles To Help Jumpstart A Sustainable Lifestyle
This post contains affiliate links which may earn us a commission.
Are you interested in living a more sustainable lifestyle, but not sure where to begin? You’ve come to the right place!
Many people are kicking plastic to the curb and embracing an eco-conscious mindset in order to reduce their carbon footprint.
With that said, I’ve put together a hand-selected list of the best zero waste starter kits full of essential tools that help you become plastic-free at home and beyond.
What Are Zero Waste Starter Kits?
Zero-waste starter kits consist of hand-selected environmentally friendly items that help you ease into a sustainable lifestyle.
These sustainable starter kits are full of eco-friendly, zero-waste, non-toxic and sustainable items that improve your health and lower your carbon footprint.
Are All Zero-Waste Kits The Same?
No, not all zero-waste kits are the same. Depending on where you purchase them from, each box will consist of hand-selected and assorted items. A good zero-waste starter kit should contain a nice balance of everyday reusable essentials.
You will also find that many zero waste kits focus on a specific category such as pet care, beauty, house cleaning, laundry, oral hygiene, food storage, shaving and more.
Zero-waste kits are also available in monthly subscription boxes, which is a fantastic way to explore various sustainable brands.
Eco-friendly kits also come in the form of subscription boxes and these are also great because they introduce you to monthly or quarterly zero waste essentials that you can try out on a regular basis. You can also purchase a box once (in case you don’t want to commit or are simply looking to buy one as a gift for someone).
Are Zero Waste Kits Vegan?
Some zero-waste kits are also 100% vegan and some are not, and that is based on whether or not they contain reusable beeswax wraps, which are considered not to be vegan.
Some people are heavily invested in a vegan lifestyle, so that’s a huge factor to consider when shopping for a zero-waste kit for a friend, family member or co-worker who are vegan.
Do Zero-Waste Kits Make Good Gifts?
Yes, zero-waste kits make generous and thoughtful gifts—especially for Earth lovers and eco-conscious individuals who prefer reusable items.
So whether you’re on a mission to find a zero-waste kit for yourself, a friend or loved one, you’re on the right path to living a more eco-friendly lifestyle, and you won’t regret trying out a sustainable starter kit!
1. KIWI Eco Box
The KIWI Eco box is the perfect eco-friendly subscription box to help jumpstart your zero-waste journey. Every month, you will receive biodegradable and compostable essential items for cleaning, storing food, personal care, and travel.
Don’t want to commit? Not a problem! You can cancel your KIWI Eco Box subscription any time, and you can even do a one time purchase by opting for just a one month subscription.
- Recyclable packaging
- 5-6 Assorted new products every month
- All products are reusable and/or recyclable
2. GreenUp Subscription Box
The award-winning GreenUp subscription box is another fun and awesome zero-waste kit full of unique sustainable products. With the GreenUp box, you will get the best green, plastic-free, zero-waste, and clean products on a quarterly basis, and you can cancel anytime!
- Valued at $100+
- 6-9 Assorted plastic-free products each quarter
- All products are ethically sourced and cruelty-free
- Plastic-free and compostable shipping box
3. Beetlemax Anti-Plastic Kit On Amazon
This sustainable zero-waste kit by Beetlemax contains quite a nice assortment of basic essentials that are compostable and biodegradable—from personal care to shopping gear, and everything in between. This zero-waste kit is available in a one time purchase and subscription.
- Bamboo tooth brushes
- Biodegradable silk dental floss in glass container
- Bamboo straws with cleaning brush
- Cotton tote/ travel bag
- Reusable bamboo makeup remover pads
- Reusable mesh produce bags
- Organic cotton ear cleaning buds
4. Eco Crates Of America Subscription Box
Eco Crates Of America is a luxury subscription box brand for eco-conscious consumers, delivering eco-friendly products for home & lifestyle. Every sustainable product is unique, and you’ll enjoy a plethora of items made by artisans and small businesses. You can do a one monthly subscription, or opt to receive new items every month.
- Family and pet friendly, sourcing only the safest ingredients
Sustainably made with the highest quality America has to offer
- Eco-friendly products for eco-conscious consumers
- Safe and quality products to make your home your haven
5. Earth Hero Zero-Waste Lunch Kit
This Zero Waste Lunch Kit includes everything you need to make a zero-waste lunch! You can grab and go without leaving any trash behind. This kit is also sent in recycled packaging and the shipping container itself is also recyclable.
- ToGo Ware bamboo utensil set
- Stainless steel straw and cleaning brush
- Stasher reusable silicone snack bag
- Bee’s wrap sandwich wrap
- 3 in 1 stainless steel EcoLunch Box
6. Nipaqui Zero-Waste Kit From Amazon
The Nipaqui zero-waste kit contains 17 everyday reusable products that help you avoid using plastic and lower your carbon footprint. This box focuses on sustainable home and kitchen essentials, and customers are loving the high quality beeswax wraps.
- Beeswax Food wraps
- Reusable mesh produce bags
- Reusable ziplock bags
- Stainless steel straws plus cleaning brush and travel pouch
- Recyclable packaging
7. EarthLove (Seasonal) Subscription Box
Earthlove is an award-winning subscription box that focuses on wellness and lifestyle. It is a seasonal subscription, and each box is packed with the best ethical, mindful, and sustainable self-care and home products that are good for you and the planet. Plus, you’ll be happy to know that all EarthLove boxes also support an environmental cause.
- Low impact packaging and shipping
- 6-8 responsibly sourced full-size items valued at $120
- Member of 1% for the Planet
8. Zero Waste “Oh My” Subscription Box By Sample Mondays
Sample Mondays has your back with perfectly curated monthly themed boxes of the latest high-quality eco-friendly products that are hand-picked from small local sustainable brands.
- Boxes are specially curated around a monthly season appropriate theme.
- You get 7-10 premium, Full Sized, quality modern items ethically made in each monthly box.
- Over $200+ retail value in every box, with products that are clean, cruelty-free, organic and vegan.
9. Oh! Ganic Zero Waste Starter Kit
The Oh! Ganic zero waste starter kit is full of sustainable kitchen products that help you avoid plastic food storage. All of the items are crafted from 100% organic cotton, sustainable beeswax, and jojoba oil and are compostable.
- 4 Reusable beeswax wraps
- 2 Reusable mesh produce bags
- 4 reusable glass drinking straws with cleaning brush
- Beeswax bar with wrapping string
10. Zero Waste Store Dish Washing Super Kit
This zero waste kit contains everything you need for sustainable, plastic-free dish washing! If you’ve always wanted to create a more sustainable kitchen, then this sustainable dish washing kit from the Zero Waste Store is a great starter bundle.
- Vegan 6oz Dish Washing Block that replaces 3 plastic bottles
- Bamboo Soap Shelf to hold the Dish Soap Block
- Pot Scrubber for cleaning pots and pans
- Coconut Bottle Brush perfect for cleaning your reusable water bottle and mason jars
- Long-Handled Agave Dish Brush
- Veggie Scrub Brush for cleaning dirt and bacteria off produce
- Short-Handled Multi-Purpose Dish Brush
- Loofah Sponge 6-pack Bundle
- Reusable Lemon & Orange Sponge Cloth that absorbs 20x its weigh in liquid.
11. Zero Waste Store Furry Friend Zero Waste Kit
For those with a furry friend, this zero waste kit for pet owners contains all of the essentials for sustainable and eco-friendly pet care that’s gentle for pets and kind on the planet.
- Biodegradable pet shampoo bar made with all natural, gentle ingredients
- 45 biodegradable and compostable pet waste bags
- Leash dispenser roll to hold the Pet Waste Bags
12. Zero Waste Store Zero Waste Laundry Kit
If you want to begin a zero waste laundry routine that helps keep our waterways clean and your skin free from irritants, then consider this must-have curated zero-waste laundry kit by the zero-waste store! All of these sustainable laundry products are void of harsh chemicals, fragrance, fillers, and plastic.
- ZeroWasteStore Laundry Detergent Sheets in fresh linen (60 loads)
- Guppyfriend washing bag
- Zero waste 1.5oz stain stick
- 4 Friendsheep (fair-trade) wool dryer balls
- Get $8 Off with code LAUNDRYKIT
13. Zero Waste Store Dental Hygiene Super Kit
With the Dental Hygiene Super Kit by the Zero Waste Store, you can significantly reduce plastic bathroom waste and improve and your oral health at the same time! These zero-waste dental hygiene products are all-natural, reusable and biodegradable.
- 2-Pack plastic-free bamboo toothbrush
- Tongue Scraper to freshen breath and remove bacteria
- Vegan Bamboo or Cruelty-Free Silk Floss in a glass jar
- Floss 2-Pack Refill
- Huppy Peppermint Toothpaste Tablets
- Huppy Peppermint Tablets in a compostable refill pouch
14. Zero Waste Store Zero Waste Tote Bag Kit
For sustainable grocery shopping, this zero waste tote bag kit by the Zero Waste Store is the way to go! The reusable mesh bags allow you to avoid plastic produce bags, and you get to show off the coolest reusable tote with earthy graphics!
- Love Your Mother Tote Bag
- Organic Muslin Produce Bag Bundle (1 med. 1 large) Organic Mesh Produce Bag Bundle (1 med. 1 large)
15. Pixie Cup Zero Waste Menstrual Kit
If you’d like to ditch traditional toxic period products and go for something a little more environmentally friendly and hypoallergenic, look no further than the Pixie Cup zero waste period kit. This kit is great for beginners, and comes with all essential supplies to keep your products clean!
- 1 small and one large pixie cup that lasts 10 years
- 1 plant-based foaming wash
- 1 portable sterilizer that’s collapsible and microwaveable
- 1 Non-toxic and hypoallergenic lubricant
- Nontoxic personal wipes