Shopping For A Safe And Effective Shampoo Bar Made Just For Kids? Read On For 6 Mom-Approved Brands!
This post contains affiliate links which may earn Eco Mom Diaries a small commission.
Are you searching for a kid-friendly alternative to liquid shampoo? You’ve come to the right place!
Unlike bottled shampoo, shampoo bars are biodegradable, plastic-free, plant-based and non-toxic—which make them ideal for little ones who have delicate skin and certain scalp conditions.
With that said, we’ve put together a children’s shampoo bar guide that contains only the safest and most trusted brands for babies and kids.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Shampoo Bars On Kids
- All-natural shampoo bars do not contain synthetic ingredients that can irritate delicate skin. In fact, most solid shampoo bars contain a majority of organic ingredients that are gentle enough even on infants.
- Shampoo bars are also wonderful space savers. I’m sure that if you’re just like me, you hate having your bathtub cluttered with tons of plastic bottles.
- Shampoo bars can also double as body wash, which is a great way to save money and avoid even more synthetic chemicals making contact with your little one’s delicate skin!
What Are The Cons Of Using Shampoo Bars On Kids
- One of the downsides to shampoo bars is that because they contain essential oils, most brands can irritate the eyes if you aren’t careful when washing your child’s hair. However, there are a few brands that have a tear-free formula.
- Shampoo bars have a higher upfront cost than bottled shampoos, which can be an immediate turn off, but they last as much as 2-3 bottles and are void of toxic ingredients that you should avoid.
- Shampoo bars can leave hair hair feeling waxy, which is because they don’t strip strands of their natural oils, and this can take some getting used to.
6 Safest Solid Shampoo Bars For Babies And Children
1. Farmstead Apothecary Baby Shampoo + Wash Bar
The Farmstead Apothecary Baby Shampoo Bar doubles as a body wash and creates a rich lather. This solid shampoo bar is made from minimal, purposeful, and skin nourishing ingredients only, and is formulated for sensitive skin—making it perfect for all skin types!
2. Ethique Oaty Delicious Shampoo Bar
Their kids’ shampoo bar called “Oaty Delicious” is made from oats, cocoa butter, and oils consisting of chamomile, lavender and coconut.
The bar is pH balanced, plant-based, vegan, cruelty free, and compostable. It’s mild, has a subtle scent and is great for kids with eczema because it’s so gentle on the skin (it can double as a body wash).
3. Green + Lovely Sweet Orange Shampoo Bar For Little Ones
The sweet orange shampoo bar by Green + Lovely contains a tear-free formula and natural citrus fragrance. This sweet citrus shampoo bar is also packed with moisture-rich coconut, jojoba, argon, and organic avocado oil—resulting in soft, easy to manage hair.
4. Shea Terra Organics Bananas & Monkey Bread Shampoo Bar
The Bananas And Monkey Bread shampoo bar by Shea Terra Organics is an all-natural shampoo bar for kids with special ingredients that are ethically and sustainably sourced from East Africa.
The indigenous “super hero” ingredients consisting of Shea Nilotik Shea butter and baobab (monkey tree oil) make this shampoo bar especially gentle on the skin, and the banana fruit extract gives this shampoo bar a delicious natural scent.
5. Dirty Kids Organics Shampoo Bar
Dirty Kids Organics—Such a fun name for a shampoo bar! This bar is a multi-use product that can double as face wash and body wash because it is so gentle!
In fact, the company states that it’s great for baby cradle cap, eczema and acne prone skin. The Dirty Kids Organics shampoo bar is infused with Rosemary extract and contains soothing oils.
6. Pink Lemonade Shampoo Bar By Apple Valley Natural Soap
The Pink Lemonade shampoo bar by Apple Valley Natural Soap is budget-friendly, handmade here in the USA, and has a dreamy scent similar to pink Starburst candy that your child will love!
This organic children’s shampoo bar is a great choice for normal to oily hair. It features rose kaolin clay which keeps skin hydrated, it detoxifies, increases circulation, encourages new cell growth and reduces inflammation and irritation.
Try a full size, half bar or sample size and take 10% off using code AVNSDIARIES10 at checkout!