Sustainable Starter Packs To Help Jump Start A Zero-Waste Lifestyle!
updated January 10, 2022
This post contains affiliate links which may earn us a commission.
Interested in sustainable living, but not sure where to begin? You are not alone!
Many people are becoming eco-conscious and looking for ways to reduce their carbon footprint. However, they often face the problem of not knowing where to begin—and that’s where zero-waste kits come in handy.
What Are Zero Waste Starter Kits?
Zero-waste starter kits consist of hand-selected environmentally friendly items that help you to ease into a sustainable lifestyle.
These sustainable starter kits are full of eco-friendly, zero-waste, non-toxic and sustainable items that improve your health and lower your carbon footprint.
Are All Zero-Waste Kits The Same?
No, not all zero-waste kits are the same. Depending on where you purchase them from, each box will consist of hand-selected and assorted items. A good zero-waste starter kit should contain a nice balance of everyday reusable essentials.
Zero-waste kits are also available in monthly subscriptions, which is a fantastic way to explore various sustainable brands. Some eco-friendly subscription boxes can also be purchased once (in case you don’t want to commit, or are simply buying a box as a gift).
Are Zero Waste Kits Vegan?
Some zero-waste kits are also 100% vegan and some are not, and that is based on whether or not they contain reusable beeswax wraps. Beeswax is not considered vegan.
Some people are heavily invested in a vegan lifestyle, so that’s a huge factor to consider when shopping for a zero-waste kit for a friend, family member or co-worker.
Do Zero-Waste Kits Make Good Gifts?
Yes, zero-waste kits make generous and thoughtful gifts—especially for Earth lovers and eco-conscious individuals who prefer reusable items.
So whether you’re on a mission to find a zero-waste kit for yourself, a friend or loved one, you’re on the right path to living a more eco-friendly lifestyle, and you won’t regret trying out a sustainable starter kit!
The KIWI Eco box is the perfect eco-friendly subscription box to help jumpstart your zero-waste journey. Every month, you will receive biodegradable and compostable essential items for cleaning, storing food, personal care, and travel.
Don’t want to commit? Not a problem! You can cancel your KIWI Eco Box subscription any time, and you can even do a one time purchase by opting for just a one month subscription.
- Zero-Waste Packing
- 5-6 New products every month
- 100% Recyclable
The award-winning GreenUp subscription box is another fun and awesome zero-waste kit full of unique sustainable products. With the GreenUp box, you will get the best green, plastic-free, zero-waste, and clean products on a quarterly basis, and you can cancel anytime!
- 6-9 of the best plastic reducing swaps. Valued at $100+!
- Cruelty-free, ethically sourced, and clean products.
Plastic-free and compostable shipping.
The Plastic-Free Essentials Box by Life Without Plastic is a really unique sustainable starter kit because you are in control of what goes inside; in other words, it is completely customizable, and you choose what you want. This is a great way to avoid receiving items that you won’t like using, and you’ll avoid receiving a sustainable item that you might already own.
- Customizable kit
- Biodegradable and recyclable products
- Portion of proceeds donated to fight plastic pollution
- Available as a one time purchase or recurring subscription
This sustainable zero-waste kit by Beetlemax contains quite a nice assortment of basic essentials that are compostable and biodegradable—from personal care to shopping gear, and everything in between. And it is all nicely arranged within a recycled gift box that is itself, completely recyclable. This zero-waste kit is available in a one time purchase and subscription.
- Eco-friendly packaging
- Cruelty-free, ethically sourced, and clean products
- Compostable and recyclable products
Eco Crates Of America is a luxury subscription box brand for eco-conscious consumers, delivering eco-friendly products for home & lifestyle. Every sustainable product is unique, and you’ll enjoy a plethora of items made by artisans and small businesses. You can do a one month subscription, or opt to receive new items every month.
- Family and pet friendly, sourcing only the safest ingredients
- Sustainably made with the hightest quality Ameria has to offer
- Eco-friendly products for eco-conscious consumers
- Safe and quality products to make your home your haven
This Zero Waste Lunch Kit includes everything you need to make a zero-waste lunch! Now, it’s easy to grab and go, without having any trash behind. This kit consists of: a To-Go Ware bamboo utensil set, stainless steel straw and brush, Stasher reusable silicone snack bag, Bee’s Wrap sandwich wrap and an EcoLunch box (3 in 1 stainless steel lunchbox).
- All products ship in recycled and recyclable cardboard boxes
- All product packaging is recyclable
- To Go Ware is a certified B Corp
This 100% vegan and biodegradable zero-waste kit by Metropoleaf contains a healthy assortment of basic essentials to set you up for success on your plastic free journey. It contains a balanced assortment of eco-friendly items to get you started in personal care, shopping and dining. If you or a gift recipient is a minimalist, then this sustainable starter kit is perfect.
- This kit includes 2 loofah sponges, a reusable cutlery set, a cotton fabric travel bag, one bamboo reusable straw with a coconut fiber cleaning brush, a pack of bamboo cotton swabs, and one bamboo toothbrush with soft charcoal bristles.
- Biodegradable Products
- Eco-Friendly Packaging
The Nipaqui zero-waste kit contains everyday reusable products that help lower your carbon footprint. This box focuses on sustainable home and kitchen essentials, and customers are loving the high quality beeswax wraps.
- This kit includes: 3 beeswax food wraps, 3 zero waste reusable produce bags, 4 zip locking bags, and 4 stainless steel straws plus cleaning brush and travel bag.
- Eco-Friendly and biodegradable packaging
- Recyclable and compostable items
Earthlove is an award-winning subscription box that focuses on wellness and lifestyle. It is a seasonal subscription, and each box is packed with the best ethical, mindful, and sustainable self-care and home products that are good for you and the planet. Plus, you’ll be happy to know that all EarthLove boxes also support an environmental cause.
- Low impact packaging and shipping
- 6-8 responsibly sourced full-size items valued at $120
- Member of 1% for the Planet
The Ksamah eco-friendly travel box is full of sustainable travel essentials that help you avoid plastic. From reusable utensils to drinking vessels, this zero-waste starter kit is perfect for those eco-conscious individuals who are always on the go.
- Eco-Friendly Products
- Perfect Gifting Option for Corporates and Individuals
- Plastic Free