Best Sustainable Starter Kits For Plastic-Free Living
This post contains affiliate links which may earn Eco Mom Diaries a small commission.
Are you interested in living a more sustainable and plastic-free lifestyle, but not sure where to begin or what to even buy? You’ve come to the right place!
We have put together the best zero waste starter kits from several of our favorite online stores that contain the perfect mix of various eco-friendly essentials. These items will help you become less dependent on single-use plastic, save you money in the long run, and even improve your health.
So whether you’re set on living a more sustainable lifestyle, or just searching for a sustainable gift for a friend or loved one, these zero waste starter kits are a great addition to the home and beyond.
What Are Zero Waste Starter Kits And What Are The Benefits Of Buying One?
Zero-waste starter kits consist of hand-selected environmentally friendly items that help you ease into a sustainable lifestyle. These sustainable starter kits are full of environmentally friendly items and have several benefits:
- Zero-waste kits help you to gradually lower your dependence on plastic and single-use items which are harmful to wildlife and add to ocean and landfill pollution.
- Zero waste kits help save you money in the long run because they contain reusable items which stop you from purchasing more disposables.
- Zero waste kits contain items that are plastic-free, which means that they are free from chemicals such as BPA and other carcinogens.
- Zero waste kits often contain handmade and fair trade items that help support small businesses and farms.
- Zero waste kits allow you to try out various items that you might have never considered before.
Are All Zero-Waste Kits The Same?
No, not all zero-waste kits are the same. Depending on where you purchase them from, each box will consist of hand-selected and assorted items. A good zero-waste starter kit should contain a nice balance of everyday reusable essentials.
You will also find that many zero waste kits focus on a specific category such as pet care, beauty, house cleaning, laundry, oral hygiene, food storage, shaving and more.
Eco-friendly kits also come in the form of subscription boxes and these are also great because they introduce you to monthly or quarterly zero waste essentials that you can try out all year long. CrateJoy.com is a great place to find all sorts of zero-waste subscription boxes for every budget.
Are All Zero Waste Kits Vegan?
Some zero-waste kits are also 100% vegan and some are not, and that is based on whether or not they contain reusable beeswax wraps, which are considered by many people not to be vegan (there’s a huge debate on that). Luckily, many companies and Etsy sellers can customize zero waste kits to be 100% vegan upon request!
Some people are heavily invested in a vegan lifestyle, so that’s a huge factor to consider when shopping for a zero-waste kit for a friend, family member or co-worker who are vegan.
Do Zero-Waste Kits Make Good Gifts?
Yes, zero-waste kits make eco conscious and thoughtful gifts—especially for those who are seeking to live a more sustainable lifestyle, but don’t really know where to start or which products to buy. Zero waste kits can therefore be a wonderful way to introduce someone to plastic-free and ethical products.
Best Sustainable Starter Kits Options For Low Waste Living
Hippy Monkey Zero Waste Starter Kit | Etsy
The all-in-one zero waste starter kit by Hippy Monkey contains all of your basic eco-friendly essentials to kickstart sustainable living. Everything within this zero waste kit is functional and very aesthetic—making this a great choice to give as a gift. You even have the option to customize this kit by choosing a color preference for many of the items included.
- 1 Bamboo Cutlery Set – (Gray, Beige, Lavender or Green)
- 1 Organic Cotton Produce Bag
- 1 Toothbrush (White, Gray, Green, or Pink)
- Bamboo Cotton Swabs
- 1 Soap Saver
- 10 Hemp Rounds with Cotton Storage Bag
- 1 Konjac Facial Sponge (Charcoal, Lavender or Natural)
Zero Waste Kit Shop Starter Kit | Etsy
This thoughtfully designed starter kit includes custom-made and hand-crafted daily essentials that are aesthetically housed and measured-to-fit in a multi-purpose glass container—which are all sustainably and ethically sourced. The entire kit is travel-friendly, and makes a beautiful and unique zero waste gift for anyone who embraces minimalism.
- 1 Zero Waste Kit jar
- 1 Zero Waste Kit bamboo lid
- 1 Zero Waste Kit cork sleeve
- 1 Zero Waste Kit straw & straw cleaner
- 1 Zero Waste Kit napkin
- 1 Zero Waste Kit utensil
- 2 Zero Waste Kit organic cotton produce bags
Battle Green Box Zero Waste Kit | Etsy
This zero waste starter kit by Battle Green Box on Etsy makes the perfect eco-friendly gift, and it’s a great way to kick-start your own plastic free journey. We particularly love that this zero-waste kit includes a shampoo bar, since not many other kits do.
- 1 x Reusable bamboo cutlery set
- 1 x Organic cotton string shopping bag
- 1 x Natural shampoo bar
- 1 x Battle Green shampoo bar travel tin
- 1 x Battle Green bamboo toothbrush
- 1 x Battle Green FSC certified bamboo toothbrush travel case
Me Mother Earth Zero Waste Starter Kit | Etsy
This zero waste starter set includes a little bit of everything to start your plastic-free journey. It contains also contains minimal packaging and makes a lovely gift set for those who are looking for simple and sustainable plastic swaps.
- Collapsible Straw & cutlery set
- Bamboo Toothbrush
- Biodegradable Dental Floss
- Cotton Mesh Produce Bags
- Standard Mason Jar Lids
- Compostable Dish Sponges
- Wooden Dish Brushes
Zero Waste Sustainable Shopping Kit | Zero Waste Store
We are loving this zero waste shopping kit from the Zero Waste Store (especially that tote bag!). With this kit, yourself or the gift recipient can shop plastic-free at the farmer’s market or anywhere else, thanks to all of the essentials for zero waste shopping.
- Natural cotton string bag with long handle
- Reusable silicone sandwich bag
- Organic tote bag
- Organic cotton mesh produce bag kit
- Organic cotton muslin produce kit
- Reusable beeswax food wraps
Oh! Ganic Zero Waste Starter Kit | Amazon
The Oh! Ganic zero waste starter kit is full of sustainable kitchen products that help you avoid plastic food storage. All of the items are crafted from 100% organic cotton, sustainable beeswax, and jojoba oil and are compostable.
- 4 Reusable beeswax wraps
- 2 Reusable mesh produce bags
- 4 reusable glass drinking straws with cleaning brush
- 1 Beeswax bar with wrapping string
Zero Waste MVMT Kitchen Essentials Bundle | Etsy
This kit is specific to help you reduce waste in the kitchen, and it includes essential items that help you ditch paper towels, liquid dish soap, plastic baggies, synthetic dish sponges and plastic dish brushes.
- 3 Pack Natural Loofah Sponge
- 5x Reusable Snack Bags
- 1x Wooden Dish Brush
- 1x Solid Dish Bar
- 1x Cedar Soap Tray
- 2 Pack Eco Dish Cloth
Spruce & Pine Co Zero Waste Kit | Etsy
The Spruce & Pine Co creates beautiful zero waste kits in three different sizes, and the seller even takes requests for customized kits. With that said, these kits make great sustainable gifts, and there’s a kit for every budget.
- Stainless steel sandwich tin
- Stainless steel snack tin
- Reusable market bag
- Reusable unsponge
- Reusable utensil kit
- Bamboo toothbrush
SuperBee Zero Waste Kit | Etsy
The SuperBee Zero Waste Kit is a great starter bundle for sustainable living, and contains everyday essentials that you or a gift recipient will happily put to use. This kit contains natural and handmade products that are ethically made by locals in Thailand, and is perfect for anyone who embraces eco-minimalism.
- Bamboo toothbrushes
- Toothpaste tablets
- Beeswax sandwhich wraps
- Mesh produce bags
Zero Waste All-In Starter Kit By Kiwi Eco Box | Etsy
If you’re seeking a generous starter kit that contains a good amount of essentials for the home and beyond, check out the All-In Zero Waste starter kit by Kiwi Eco Box. This kit includes items for the bathroom, kitchen, laundry room and eating out. Kiwi Eco Box also has a monthly subscription service on Crate Joy as well as Amazon.
- Natural Chemical-free Dishwasher Powder
- Bamboo Sisal Dish Brush
- Silicone Food Storage Bag
- Set of Loofah Sponges
- Set of Make-Up Rounds plus Laundry Bag
- Konjac Sponge
- Compostable waste bags
- Charcoal Dental Floss
- Set of Dryer Balls (6pcs)
- Silicone Lunch Container
- Bamboo Cutlery Set
- Sisal Bath Back Strap
Sustainable Expert Kit | Earth Hero
The sustainable expert kit from Earth Hero contains their best selling high quality zero waste items that are great for everyday use like shopping, as well as outdoor adventures like camping trips and occasional picnics. This kit is great for sustainable living experts as well as beginners who are looking for a high quality minimalist starter set.
- Reusable Shopping Bag
- Beeswax wraps
- Stainless steel lunch box
- Bamboo utensil set
- Reusable produce bags
- Reusable Straw with cleaning brush
3 thoughts on “Best Zero Waste Starter Kits”
This is a good way to start sustainable living. Thank you, Angelika 😊🌍