Eco-Friendly Reusable Face Mask Brands That Are Made From Sustainable Fabric For Your Environmentally Conscious Lifestyle
This post contains affiliate links which may earn us a commission.
With the Delta variant spreading rapidly across the country, society is once again scrambling to buy face masks—and we at Eco Mom Diaries highly recommend buying a reusable mask.
Single-use face masks are made from synthetic plastic material which aren’t biodegradable—so we highly recommend brands that make sustainable and reusable face masks that are both kind to the environment and your health.
What Makes Face Masks Sustainable?
“Sustainable” face masks are masks made from fabric that’s environmentally friendly and ethically made.
I really love face masks made from hemp— because hemp is both antifungal, antibacterial, hypoallergenic, and grows in abundance—it’s basically a biological regenerative ecosystem.
Other types of ‘sustainable’ face masks are made from fabric like organic cotton, which uses 91 percent less water than regular cotton and produces fewer greenhouse gas emissions.
And then there are reusable cloth masks made from bamboo fiber—which is ultra soft, anti-bacterial, moisture wicking and a sustainable material.
Eco-friendly face mask brands also strive to make the world a better place—literally. A lot of these companies do charity work which consists of planting trees, cleaning up trash or providing jobs for struggling rural communities.
Below are some of my favorite eco-friendly and sustainable cloth face mask brands that I highly recommend if you’re someone who lives an environmentally conscious lifestyle.
When you purchase these masks, not only are you buying healthy fabric for yourself, but you’re supporting a fair-wage job market that’s very much appreciated in certain poverty-stricken locations across the globe.
LastMask Reusable Face Mask
The LastObject brand has come up with an awesome reusable face mask called LastMask—made of both recycled and organic material which includes a carrying case and bonus reusable bottle for sanitizer.
- 3 layers made from recycled polyester, non-woven ss fabric and organic cotton
- Adjustable ear loops
- Bendable nose wire
United By Blue
United by Blue is one of our favorite sustainable apparel brands. They’re stylish, eco-friendly, and each sale results in one pound of trash being removed in our waterways!
This pack of United By Blue Hemp Blend Reusable Face Masks is a fantastic addition to your reusable mask collection. They are made from a blend of deadstock fabric including salvaged hemp, organic cotton, recycled polyester, and TENCEL. They also contain a pocket for optional filters and provide all day comfort.
- United by Blue removes 1 pound of trash from our oceans and waterways for every product sold
- This product is made with BisonShield, made from salvaged bison fiber (which is largely considered a waste product!) United by Blue developed a supply chain to intercept this fiber from other companies before it was discarded. It is a cruelty-free material, and no bison have been harmed for the purpose of this material.
The reusable First Crop hemp face masks contain 4-layers of washable fabric with an adjustable nose bridge. This mask also has antimicrobial properties and resilience of hemp fiber with a non-woven filtration barrier to provide the highest level of protection, comfort, and breathability.
- Natural from 100% organic hemp
- Adjustable nose bridge
- Antifungal and anti microbial
- Provides jobs for locals
These sustainable face masks by Moss Rose come in a pack of 2, and are made from 100% cotton which makes them eco-friendly and hypoallergenic. These masks also contain a hemp lining and filter pocket!
- 100% Organic Cotton
- Hemp lining
- Adjustable Ear Straps
Maid With Hemp
This reusable face mask is constructed with both breathable, renewable hemp and lightweight organic cotton. This eco-friendly face mask also features a soft pocket liner and organic cotton straps—so you’ll be both protected and comfortable, all while staying true to sustainability.
- Handmade by Maid with Hemp
- Hemp, a renewable resource, is naturally anti-microbial and anti-fungal
- Porous fibers for easy breathing
- Durable and long lasting
Big Boy Bamboo
Big Boy Bamboo is an online shop with apparel and masks specially made for big and tall men! And the best part is that their masks and clothing are made from sustainable bamboo which is a soft, antibacterial and moisture wicking fiber.
“Big Boy Bamboo has the goods for dudes with manly beards, masculine jutting chins, and impressive king-sized faces” – Big Boy Bamboo
Take 10% off with coupon code: ECOMOM10
Eco Friendly Features:
- 95% Organic Bamboo Viscose and 5% Spandex
- Stretchy Loops
The For Days reusable face mask is made from a double layer of 100% organic cotton jersey ethically sourced from Turkey. This sustainable face mask also has the option to add a filter via a pocket, and is secured with elastic loops that go over your ears for a comfortable and snug fit.
- Made by For Days, a Zero Waste clothing company that closes the loop, taking back and recycling used clothing.
- Double layer cotton face masks with option to add a filter via pocket
- Masks secured with elastic loops that go over the ears
- Can be used over N95 masks as well to extend their use
Alex + Nova
This sustainable and reusable face mask by Alex + Nova is super soft and ultra-minimal. It’s made with 100% organic cotton and features cozy over the ear straps which are also made from organic cotton. A center seam contours the nose for optimal fit and comfort. Plus, it may be washed, sanitized, and reused time and time again.
- Made by Alex + Nova, a mom-owned company that creates products for children and adults using eco-friendly materials!
- Super-soft reusable cotton face mask
- Masks secured with cotton loops that go over the ears
- Center seam contours to nose
These sustainable masks contain waterproof nanofilters which are composed of strands that are smaller than a strand of hair, capturing the tiniest of particles and pathogens while still allowing the maximum airflow. The masks also contain a moisture wicking bamboo lining which greatly reduces condensation—great for working in a hot environment.
Their masks are available in sizes small to extra large and HALOLIFE is currently running a sale which consists of getting a free mask when you buy 2.
- Includes 1 replaceable HALO Nanofilter™ good for 200+ hours.
- Replaceable latex nose pad prevents fogging and air leak
- Chin wrap provides an air-tight seal, even with facial hair & beards
- Super-breathable poly-blend outer material (80% Polyester, 20% Lycra)
- Soft moisture-wicking Bamboo lining is ultra-comfortable, even for long wear
- Adjustable embedded nose clip and ear-loops make a perfect fit
- Affiliate Marketing: A Strategic Guide For Beginner Bloggers
- How To Make A Child’s Bedroom Look Rustic
- How To Wash A Down Jacket In A Top Load Washer
- DIY Halloween Costume Ideas For Kids
- Eco-Friendly Gift Ideas For The Kitchen