The 6 Best Folding Stroller Wagons And Hybrids For Families On The Go
This post contains affiliate links which may earn Eco Mom Diaries a commission.
Let’s face it, the average stroller is meant for flat sidewalks—not for rugged terrain—which makes it a bit difficult for adventurous family outings. Owning a stroller wagon can be a great way to explore the outdoors with young children while maneuvering around with ease!
Stroller wagons are a type of stroller that combines the features of both a wagon and a stroller. They are typically larger than traditional strollers, making them ideal for larger families or for carrying multiple children at once.
They are also convenient because they often feature a larger storage area, which makes them great for carrying snacks, diaper bags or other items, and the handle can be adjusted to different heights, making them easier to maneuver.
Stroller wagons typically also have a canopy to provide shade and protection from the elements. All in all, stroller wagons are a great option for parents who are looking for a stroller that offers more space and convenience.
What Are The Benefits Of A Stroller Wagon?
There are several benefits to owning a stroller wagon, and parents should buy one for the following reasons:
- Stroller wagons are an excellent choice for parents who need to transport multiple children at once.
- Stroller wagons are built for outdoor recreation and contain all-terrain wheels for tackling rugged terrain like hills, bumpy roads and soft sand.
- Stroller wagons allow children with disabilities to participate in activities that might otherwise be too difficult for them to experience.
- Foldable wagons with canopies are convenient for sporting events, and can help reduce noise and over-stimulation.
- Stroller wagons also provide more storage space than traditional strollers, allowing parents to store items such as snacks, diapers, and toys.
- Also, while conventional strollers are meant to be pushed forward, stroller-wagon hybrids can be pushed and pulled—giving caretakers more versatility when it comes to movement.
At What Age Can A Baby Ride In A Stroller Wagon?
Because a stroller wagon requires that a child be able to sit up and use a safety harness, they are not recommended for babies under 6 months of age.
However, many tactical strollers let you purchase accessories which allow you to attach a car seat—making it easy for parents to transport both a toddler and a young baby simultaneously.
What Should I Look For In A Stroller Wagon?
Stroller wagons come in a variety of sizes and styles to meet your lifestyle and physical needs. Some are lightweight and aesthetically simple, while others are a tad bit heavier and rigged with an eco system of accessories.
When shopping for a stroller wagon, make sure that the brand and model meet all the necessary safety guidelines and contain safety features such as brakes and safety harnesses.
The importance of this feature will depend on how many children you will be placing into your stroller wagon. Some wagons can support up to 110 pounds, while others can carry up to 300lbs. Hence, make sure you choose a wagon that can grow with your little ones, and can support as much weight as possible.
Not all stroller wagons come equipped with a canopy—in fact, some require that you purchase them as add ons. But, if you’re going to be spending a lot of time outdoors, it is a good idea to purchase a wagon with sun protection.
With that said, below are 6 of the best stroller wagons and hybrids that you need in your life if you have multiple little ones, or you need something more tactical for outdoor recreation.
Best Stroller Wagons For Outdoor Recreation With Little Ones
1. Veer Cruiser
Weight Capacity | 110lbs
Dimensions | 37″L x 25″W x 23″H
The Veer Cruiser is an all-terrain wagon that’s also customizable—giving you the option of keeping your wagon as simple, or as rigged out as you’d like! My favorite feature of this wagon is that it allows you to attach a car seat so that you can transport your baby and toddler with ease.
This durable yet lightweight wagon weighs around 32 pounds, does excellent on soft sand and other terrain, and can fit into the back of any car or trunk with ease. When it comes to technology, it’s definitely the stroller wagon that you want for the more rugged outdoor adventures.
- All Terrain Performance
- 3-point Safety Harnesses
- Push, Pull or Push-Along
- Performance Handle Grip
- Adjustable Handle Height
- Expandable Footwell
- Front Suspension
- Robotically Welded Aluminum Frame
- Large Rugged, Knobby Tires
- Rear Wheel Fenders
- Contoured and Vented Seats
- Durable Water- and Stain- Resistant Fabric Sidewalls
- Hose Cleanable
2. Radio Flyer 3-In-1 EZ Folding Collapsible Wagon
Weight Capacity | 150lbs
Dimensions | 39.37″ X 21.26″ X 40.75″
The Radio Flyer 3-In-1 EZ Folding collapsible wagon is perfect for minimalists and parents who are on a budget, but still want a great quality product. I love that it has bench seating, which is perfect if you’re attending a ball game or venturing out to your local playground, and an easy to clean canvas if things get a little messy.
This particular stroller wagon is not ideal for the beach, unless you upgrade to air tires, but it is suitable for a neighborhood stroll, a trip to the farmer’s market, as well as grassy and dirt roads. So if you’re looking for something inexpensive that’s perfect for beginners, consider the Radio Flyer.
- Get Out and Play® with 3 riding modes: two rider seating, hauling, and bench seating
- One hand flat fold for easy storage
- UV protection canopy stores on wagon
- Seat belts for added safety
- DuraClean® fabric for easy cleaning
- Rear storage pouch
- High seat backs & thick padded seats for extra comfort
- 2 front cup holders
- Retractable canopy poles when not in use
- Adjustable telescope handle stays upright when not in use
3. Wonder fold W4 Multi-Function Quad Stroller Wagon
Weight Capacity | 300lbs
Dimensions | 46 x 38 x 52.5 inches
If you’re looking for a stroller wagon that can accommodate more than two kids, then the Wonderfold W4 Multifunction Quad Stroller Wagon is right for you and your family. This wagon is perfect for bigger kids, and can hold a whopping 300 pounds. It’s a bit pricier than other collapsible wagons, but considering its durability, weight capacity, and accessories, it’s well worth the buy.
This wagon is especially awesome for the beach, as it’s easy to pull through soft sand, and can hold all of your beach essentials. So if you have a slightly larger family and need a wagon that can handle “a little more”, then the Wonderfold is perfect for you!
- Hold up to 4 passengers
- Easy to fold/unfold
- High face-to-face seats with footwell for better interactions
- Deep carriage with zippered mesh panels for optimal ventilation
- Front zipper door for easy access/storage
- Slidable/Removable Canopy with UV Protection
- Removable seatswith 5 point harness
- Removable push handle with Vegan leather cover
- Removable fabric for easy cleaning
- Extra storage on all sides of the body
- 1-step foot brake system
- Optional strap for pulling the stroller wagon
- All-Terrain Tires
4. Evenflo Pivot Xplore All-Terrain Stroller Wagon
Weight Capacity | 120lbs
Dimensions | 45 x 27 x 39 inches
The EvenFlo Pivot Xplore stroller wagon is on the smaller side, and perfect for younger children. This wagon easily transforms from a stroller to a wagon with a simple flip of a handle, and parents can even purchase a toddler/infant car seat adapter for even more versatility.
I particularly love that this stroller wagon has two separate canopies, because one child might want his up, while the other might prefer to enjoy some sun! So if you’re looking for that slightly smaller wagon with a double canopy, this tactical wagon is perfect for you!
Push or pull, decide on the fly. It’s easy to adapt your ride with a flip of the handle
Canopies with UPF 50+ help shield your child from the sun’s harmful rays
Spacious Storage: Easy access basket to hold all your child care essentials. Rotates in to the wagon when only one child is seated
Storage inside and out keeps everything you need within arm’s reach –from water bottles to diaper bags
Child tray makes it easy for two passengers to share snacks and toys
5. Keenz 7S Pull/Push Wagon Stroller
Dimensions | 34 x 19.37 x 34.6 inches
Weight Capacity | 110lbs
The Keenz 7S versatile stroller wagon is designed for active families by combing the safety of a stroller and utility of a wagon. It grows with your baby, and contains two 5-point harnesses, and 4-wheel spring suspension which results in a safe and comfortable ride, and weighs around 32 pounds, making it easy for anyone to fold, lift and store.
I love that the canopy provides shade and privacy while reducing noise when kids are overstimulated—making this an excellent wagon for children with special needs. So if you’re looking for a tactical wagon that’s large yet light weight, easy to fold, and durable, consider the Keenz 7S stroller wagon.
- One step brakes
- Adjustable handles
- Push and pull capabilities
- Mesh sunscreen built into the canopy
- Removable interior making it easy to wash
- Includes a cup holder, grey cooler bag, canopy storage bag, and storage cover
6. Jeep Deluxe Wrangler Stroller Wagon by Delta Children
Dimensions | 46″D x 29″W x 46″H
Weight Capacity | 110lbs
The Jeep Deluxe Wrangler stroller wagon with cooler bag and parent organizer by Delta Children is ready to tackle any family outing. It is designed with all the conveniences of a double stroller yet it has the rugged durability of a wagon—making it a super-fun crossover that makes any outing super easy!
This wagon comes with a removable cooler bag, parent organizer, cup holder and multiple storage pockets to keep all your must-have travel gear on-hand. This wagon is the most off-road capable option ever thanks to its all-terrain puncture proof airless tires. Easy to maneuver, swivel front wheels allow you to turn and pivot, and you can push or pull the wagon with the two adjustable leatherette handlebars.
- The wagon has 2 adjustable leatherette handlebars so you can push or pull
Swivel front wheels for easy turning; All-terrain puncture proof airless tires
- One-step on/off parking brake
- Removable UV blocking fabric/mesh canopy and roll-down shades for sun protection/privacy
- Detachable cooler bag holds up to 16 cans (or 15 lbs.)