The Healthiest Organic Sleepwear Sets For Kids For A Cozy Night’s Sleep
This post contains affiliate links which may earn Eco Mom Diaries a commission.
Cotton is the most most heavily sprayed crop in the world, and the residue of these pesticides can cause serious skin allergies.Tweet
I get it. I’ve been there. It’s so incredibly tempting to purchase children’s clothing from stores like Carter’s and The Children’s Place because of the great deals that you can get on of them (plus, they’re super cute).
However, what parents often turn a blind eye to is what these clothes are made of, and the negative impact that they have on our children’s health.
That distinctive smell, for example, inside of every shipping package, is a combination of pesticides, flame retardants and other carcinogens used to create that cute outfit you’ve just ordered—and unfortunately, these chemicals are bonded to the fabric in such a way that they will last years of wash cycles.
And since our little ones spend hours in bed, it’s important for them to wear pajamas that aren’t treated with any toxic substances.
That’s why I recommend sleepwear made from organic cotton and bamboo viscose, and below are several benefits to wearing this fabric.
Advantages Of Organic Cotton Pajamas
- Organic cotton is a natural material that is grown without the use of harmful pesticides or toxic chemicals, making it a more eco-friendly choice for both the environment and your little one’s skin.
- Organic cotton pajamas contain a snug fit, and are not treated with flame retardants, which means that they are non-toxic, hypoallergenic and still keep your little one safe at night.
- Organic cotton pajamas are light and breathable, yet warm and cozy—making them ideal for all seasons.
- Pajamas made from organic cotton are softer and more superior when it comes to quality and durability than regular cotton because the fibers haven’t been over-processed and drenched with chemicals—they are also colored with nontoxic dyes.
- Lastly, organic cotton is kinder to our waterways, soil and the farmers who grow it because they are not touching or breathing in harmful chemicals that non-organic cotton is typically treated with—making it the most heavily sprayed crop in the world.
Advantages Of Bamboo Viscose Pajamas
- Bamboo fiber is naturally porousand breathable, which keeps your child from overheating at night. It also absorbs sweat and allows it to evaporate at a faster rate than cotton.
- bamboo is antibacterial, and keeps your child’s sweat odorless because it can kill up to 99.9% of bacteria.
- Bamboo fabric is buttery soft and hypoallergenic, which is perfect for children with certain skin conditions.
- Lastly, bamboo is an eco-friendlyand sustainable resource that grows back incredibly fast, doesn’t require the use of pesticides, and produces a lot less pollution than other fabric such as cotton.
With that said, below are some of the most trusted sustainable fashion brands who make the most comfortable organic cotton and bamboo pajamas for children.
Your kids will love the feel and the patterns of these pajama sets, and you will feel great knowing that your kids are sleeping in sustainable fabric that won’t have a negative impact on their health or the planet.
Best Organic Sleepwear Sets For Kids
1. Moon And Back Organic Cotton Pajamas By Hanna Andersson
Sizes: 6 Months thru 16 Years
The Moon and Back sleepwear collection by Hanna Andersson is made from organic cotton, and each pair of pajamas features a timeless pattern that are both parent and child approved. These organic kids pajamas are super comfortable, ethically made, and are free from over 100 harmful chemicals—they also meet the Oeko-Tex Standard.
2. Burt’s Bees Organic Cotton Pajamas
Sizes: 6 Months thru 14 Years
If you love their beauty products, then you’ll love Burt’s Bees pajamas even more! Burt’s Bees sleepwear for kids is made from 100% GOTS certified organic cotton, and are available in lovely whimsical patterns that both parents and kids love.
Based on personal experience, I have to say that I adore this sleepwear, and will probably keep ordering until they run out of my child’s size.
3. Mightly Organic Cotton Pajamas
Sizes: 2T thru 14 Years
Tag-less and pre-shrunk, the award winning Mightly children’s pajamas are GOTS and Fair Trade certified organic, and made with nontoxic ink and dyes.
You can purchase several cute designs on Amazon, or on the official Mightly website where you might find a special sale going on from time to time.
4. Owlivia Organic Cotton Pajamas
Sizes: 12 Months thru 8 Years
The super soft and durable Owlivia pajamas are made from certified organic cotton and are available in several dreamy boho-style patterns. These sustainable pajamas are very high quality, and parents love the snug and thick fabric, which makes these perfect for colder seasons!
5. Hatley Organic Cotton Pajamas
Sizes: 2T thru 8 Years
Hatley pajamas are GOTS certified organic and perfect for wintertime due to their premium quality fabric that’s durable yet ultra soft and cozy! Both kids and parents also love how breathable these pajamas are, which helps prevent night sweats! You will also find that these sustainable kids pajamas are available in various fun prints!
6. HonestBaby Organic Cotton Pajamas
Sizes: 12 Months thru 5 Years
HonestBaby has an adorable sustainable sleepwear line that’s made from GOTS certified cotton. Each set has a timeless style with a fun design that your little one will love! All HonestBaby pajamas are also ethically manufactured in India where fair wages and humane treatment of workers is a priority.
7. Finn + Emma Organic Cotton Pajamas
Sizes: 12 Months thru 4 Years
If you love minimalistic patterns with a touch of boho, then these pajamas will be a great addition to your child’s sustainable wardrobe! Finn + Emma sustainable sleepwear sets for kids are made from GOTS certified organic cotton, and ethically made in India.
8. Posh Peanut Viscose Bamboo Pajamas
Sizes: Newborn thru 5 Years
Just as the name implies, Posh Peanut pajamas are made from bamboo and come in whimsical designs for both boys and girls. These pajamas are buttery soft, regulate temperature at night, and are hypoallergenic.
9. Pretty Laundry Bamboo Viscose Pajamas
Made from a blend of bamboo viscose and cotton, Pretty Laundry is a sustainable pajama brand by the Kindred studio that contains the sweetest lounge sets made from luxurious signature fabrics. These colors will never fade, and your kiddos will love the way they look and feel in these designer jammies.
- Best Insulated Water Bottles | 2023 Edition
- Fungies Lion’s Mane Mushroom Gummies | Honest Review
- PiperWai Natural Deodorant Honest Review
- The Natural Organic Family Skincare For Kids | Honest Review
- Abiie Octopod Suction Plates For Babies: Honest Review