An Honest Review Of Kids’ Skincare Products From Natural Organic Family
This post contains affiliate links which may earn Eco Mom Diaries a commission.
Not too long ago, I got my two young children (ages 5 & 9) started on a simple skincare routine in order to create healthy habits that will:
- Build resistance against teenage acne and
- Prevent unintended damage.
It was important to me that the skincare products which my kids use are as natural as possible, and don’t contain any harsh or toxic chemicals. There are far too many children’s skincare products now a days that contain a lot of carcinogens, which is unfortunate.
Kids have much thinner skin than grownups, which makes it vulnerable to harsh environmental elements. Hence, daily cleansing with the incorporation of a moisturizer adds a protective barrier without clogging pores.
With that said, I was so excited when the Natural Organic Family sent us some kids’ skincare products to try out, and after a few uses, I noticed a few wonderful benefits:
- The foaming face wash and face creams are hypoallergenic and gentle on all skin types—especially delicate skin. Neither of my children developed any type of skin reaction.
- The face cream for kids leaves skin feeling soft and moisturized without any greasy residue, which makes you feel good knowing that you aren’t clogging your child’s pores.
- The product containers are easy for little kids to hold and dispense on their own. My 5 year old daughter feels like such a “big kid” when using these products on her own each day.
- My 9 year old boy’s rough and bumpy texture around his nostril area has smoothed out because I no longer have to fight with him over washing his face (boys can be so difficult sometimes lol).
- A little goes a long way, and these products will last you a good while. So while they may be up there in price, they‘re high quality and last a good couple of months before you need to restock.
About The Natural Organic Family
The Natural Organic Family was founded in 2012 by Marili Aitken. After becoming a mom and noticing that traditional skincare products were too harsh for her child, Marili was determined to create natural and organic children’s skincare products that were safe, effective and cruelty-free.
The Natural Organic Family Foaming Face Wash & Moisturizer Review
Natural Organic Family Foaming Face Wash
The Scent: A Lovely Citrus
The light and airy foam of this gentle foaming face wash has an invigorating sweet citrus scent that smells very much like the zest of a fresh orange. My children were pleasantly surprised by this lovely scent and couldn’t get enough.
The Experience: Clean & Fresh
I tried this facial cleanser on myself along with my children so that I can partake in the experience. It was gentle on all of our skin types, and left us feeling clean and fresh without over drying our skin. My children have continued to use this cleanser each night following their baths, and it’s made washing their face a fun activity, rather than a chore.
- Environmentally friendly ingredients
- Over 80% certified organic ingredients
- 97% natural ingredients
The Natural Organic Family Face Creams For Kids
- Blackberry & Ylang Ylang
- Pepperment, Lime & Tea Tree
We were able to try out all three creams, and each one (not including the unscented) had a unique herbal scent due to being infused with natural essential oils. My daughter’s favorite is the blackberry & Ylang Ylang. It has a subtle scent that’s very sweet and calming.
The peppermint, lime and tea tree face cream is a bit stronger in scent and smells exactly like a peppermint candy cane. This scent might not be for everyone, but I will say that it has a soothing effect on the senses. It’s also great to put on the skin when your child has a stuffy nose. It’s not strong like VapoRub or anything like that, but it does do wonders for opening the senses—and the scent does get weaker as the day goes on.
The Experience: Moisture-Rich Skin That’s Not Greasy
We love all of the facial moisturizers and they all go on very easily and create a nice hydrating barrier that’s not greasy. It is easily absorbed by the skin and keeps it from drying out throughout the day which is great during cold seasons.
- Helps soothe and calm the skin
- Helps reduce redness and inflammation
- Helps control breakouts
- Deeply nourishes the skin
- 10 Creative Ways To Reuse Your Bamboo Toothbrush
- Best Eco-Friendly Baby Shower Gifts | 2023 Edition
- Best Eco-Friendly Disposable Diapers [That Actually Don’t Leak]
- Best Non-Toxic Car Seats Without Flame Retardants In 2023
- 5 Best Natural Insect Repellents For Kids | 2023 Edition