Sustainable Toddler Plates That Help Rein In Mealtime And Make Clean Up A Breeze!
This post contains affiliate links which may earn Eco Mom Diaries a commission.
If you’re shopping for sustainable toddler plates, you’ve come to the right place! I’ve recently introduced some Abiie Octopod dishware to my child’s mealtime routine, and I am very excited to share a first-hand review with you!
If you’re getting ready to introduce your baby to solid food, or you simply have a little one who gets a tad bit messy during mealtimes, you’re going to need the right type of plate to help keep things under control.
Toddler plates (and bowls) that contain a suction device are the very best plates to own if you have a messy eater on your hands. They should also be sustainable, non-toxic, age appropriate and contain a fun design that encourages picky kids to eat.
Abiie Octopod suction plates and bowls contain those specific features and more (which are listed below) —and that’s why we adore them.
10 Reasons To Love The Abiie Octopod Suction Plates And Bowls
- The Abiie Octopod suction plates and bowls are non-toxic and free of hazardous chemicals such as BPA, PVC, Pthalates and lead which can leach into your baby’s food.
- The Abiie Octopod plates stay stuck on any flat surface and won’t budge—which means less mess. They are also easy to remove!
- In addition to less mess, the Abiie suction plates are super easy to clean and are stain resistant. The silicone plates and bowls are dishwasher safe, while the bamboo plate contains such a smooth surface that washing it in the sink is a breeze.
- The Abiie Octopod plates are eco-friendly and sustainable due to being made from bamboo and durable silicone that will last for years. They lower your carbon footprint and make a great addition to a sustainable kitchen.
- The silicone bowl contains a lid which makes it great for travel as well as keeping food warm. I often use our Octopod bowl for car trips and fill it with my daughter’s favorite snack.
- The sections within the Octopod plates are great if you have picky eaters or a child with sensory issues who doesn’t like different food groups to make contact with one another.
- The Abiie Octopod bamboo suction plates come with matching spoons that contain a silicone tip. These spoons are great to use in yogurt containers as well.
- The Octopod plates and bowls are high quality and aesthetically beautiful. They make fantastic gifts for new parents or even as birthday gifts.
- The Abiie plates and bowls are age appropriate and have a fun design (especially the frog shaped silicone plates) which encourage kids to eat.
- The Abiie Octopod plates are versatile and great for both purées as well as solid finger foods.
With that said, below are three Abiie plates that I own and all about the features that make them so unique and worth buying. Trust me, I know that there are a ton of toddler dinnerware brands just as cute as these, but the quality of Abiie is phenomenal and sets them apart from the rest.
Best Baby & Toddler Suction Plates And Bowls
OCTOPOD® Silicone Baby Suction Bowls
The Octopod silicone baby suction bowl is thick and durable yet lightweight and flexible, and comes with a convenient silicone lid. I really love this bowl because it’s great for refrigerating left overs, and really great for travel (if you’re flying, these stick really well to the seat tray and prevent spills).
The bowl (and lid) have a buttery soft feel and are very easy to wipe and wash. Most of the time, I place the bowl into the dishwasher along with other dirty plates and it comes out perfectly clean. Other times, I give it a quick rinse with a sponge and some dishwashing detergent.
Overall, this is a great bowl for on-the-go and soft, liquified foods such as soups, yogurts and purées. Moms can even use themselves for smoothie bowls or ice cream.
OCTOPOD® Silicone Frog Suction Dishes
The Octopod silicone frog dish is my little one’s favorite. The frog face shape adds fun to every meal, and it sits securely on the dining room table / high chair thanks to the powerful suction cup.
Just like the Octopod Silicone bowl, the frog dish itself is very thick and durable, and has a very buttery soft feel that makes washing it very effortless. I use it for my little one’s main meals as well as a snack spread.
Overall, this is a great plate to use for baby led weaning. It has three sections for three different food groups, it has an amusing design and it stays put so that mom or dad have less to clean.
OCTOPOD® Bamboo Baby Suction Dishes
The Octopus Bamboo baby suction dish is just as impressive as the silicone frog plate.
It is made from sustainable bamboo and contains a strong and effective silicone suction cup. Baby led weaning is a breeze with this dish as well because it contains 3 spacious sections and stays in place no matter how hard your little one tries to knock it over.
I really love that this dish came with a matching spoon, which is also made from a combination of bamboo and silicone. Babies who are teething need that soft padding on a spoon to avoid hurting their sensitive gums, so this a wonderful feature. Plus, a spoon helps babies and young toddlers work on their motor skill development.
Overall, this is a fabulous plate combo set that I would definitely include in your little one’s feeding supplies. It also comes in very nice packaging which makes it a very giftable item for new parents.
- Best Insulated Water Bottles | 2023 Edition
- Fungies Lion’s Mane Mushroom Gummies | Honest Review
- PiperWai Natural Deodorant Honest Review
- The Natural Organic Family Skincare For Kids | Honest Review
- Abiie Octopod Suction Plates For Babies: Honest Review