Best Non-Toxic Foaming Facial Cleansers For Your Little One’s Delicate Skin
This post contains affiliate links which may earn Eco Mom Diaries a commission.
Looking for a natural face wash to add to your child’s nightly skin care routine? You’ve come to the right place!
When kids reach adolescence, many parents wonder if their child should begin a skincare routine—and the answer to that is yes, they definitely should! In fact, children as young as six years old can begin using gentle facial cleansers.
Kids play hard, and at the end of the day, their face is covered with all sorts of impurities that clog pores, and water alone won’t get the grime off.
With that said, we’ve put together a list of the safest facial cleaners for kids that are made from all-natural, plant based ingredients and won’t dry out their delicate skin.
What Should I Look For In Kid-Friendly Face Wash?
When shopping for a kid friendly facial cleanser, it’s important to remind ourselves that children have delicate, sensitive skin, and that certain products can cause irritations. Hence, to find the most hypoallergenic cleanser, look for kids products that are:
- Sulphate-free, paraben-free, and pthalate-free
- Contains a natural fragrance
- Contain all-natural and organic ingredients
- Are vegan and cruelty-free
What Are The Benefits Of Kids Using Facial Cleansers?
- Facial cleansers are a great addition to their nighttime routine that will help develop healthy skincare habits well into adulthood.
- Using facial cleansers can prevent adolescent acne due to puberty hormones, which start around age 8 for girls and age 9 for boys, as these hormones stimulate oil glands to make more sebum which clog the pores with excess oil, dead skin cells and bacteria.
- Even at a young age, pores can also become clogged with impurities from environmental pollution at preschool or the playground, and cleansers can gently wash away debris.
- Caring for their skin will foster independence and make your child feel like a “big kid”.
With that said, below are 5 of the most effective yet gentle facial cleansers for kids that are perfect for starting a consistent daily skincare routine and ridding the pores of impurities.
5 Best Non-Toxic Facial Cleansers For Kids
1. Kids Foaming Face Wash By The Natural And Organic Family
The award-winning Kids Foaming Face Wash by The Natural And Organic Family is 99% natural and over 80% organic. It contains biodegradable ingredients, a nice natural light floral scent from the organic Neroli flower water, and is safe for all skin types.
- Prevents Acne Spots and Pimple Breakouts
- Easy-to-Use Pump Bottle
- Fun Foaming Texture That Kids Love
- No Harsh Chemicals
- No fragrance
- Safe for All Skin Types
2. Evereden Kids Multi-Vitamin Face Wash
The Evereden multivitamin face wash for kids is formulated with organic coconut water and coconut juice to deliver a rich foaming lather that rinses easily—leaving your child’s skin feeling balanced and refreshed.
This gentle face wash also contains a MegaVitamin Complex which is a complete blend of organic ingredients, essential omegas, amino acids, and vitamins to help maintain the feel of hydrated skin.
• Contains a MegaVitamin complex
• Cleanses face gently, yet deeply
• Contains a rich, foaming lather
• 100% natural fragrance
3. Prep U Daily Face Wash
Prep U is a safe and gentle plant-based face wash that cleanses pores, washes away stubborn dirt and moisturizes skin. It is made with pure saponified plant-based oils, apple amino acids and calming essential oils. Kids, teens and even adults love using this facial cleanser.
- Sourced, formulated and made in Austin, Texas
- Pure Saponified Oils (Coconut, Castor, Olive, Sunflower), powerful apple amino acids, essential oils and other plant-based ingredients
- Leaping Bunny approved
4. California Kids AM/PM Face Wash
This gentle, non-drying facial cleanser for kids is specially formulated for anyone with dry or sensitive skin. Can be used in the morning and at night to lightly exfoliate and deeply clean pores, leaving your little one’s skin feeling fresh and clean. This fan favorite is beautifully scented with cypress and tea tree essential oils.
- Non-drying formula
- Plant-based and cruelty-free
- Calms and moisturizes
5. MamaEarth Foaming Face Wash For Kids
MamaEarth’s everyday foaming face wash for kids is tear-free, made-safe certified and pH balanced. This gentle formula is infused with coconut, calendula extract, aloe vera and lavender oil. It’s also hypoallergenic and contains no artificial fragrance. It’s gentle enough for baby’s skin as well!
- Deep yet gentle cleansing
- Maintains pH balance
- Tear-free formulation
- Made-safe certified