Best “Buy It For Life” Water Bottles That Keep Your Water Cold For Hours
This post contains affiliate links which may earn Eco Mom Diaries a Small commission.
Reusable water bottles have become increasingly popular in recent years due to their environmental and health benefits. There’s even an emotional support water bottle trend on social media that began in early 2020 during the COVID lockdown.
Early on, I kind of chuckled at this trend , but then I realized that whenever I leave my house to go anywhere, I always grab my favorite insulated water bottle. It’s become an essential item that seems to be glued to my hip, and it’s become part of my zero waste car kit.
My enthusiasm for reusable water bottles inspired me to write this blog post. And before we look at the top picks, let’s look at why reusable water bottles are so beneficial!
What Are The Benefits Of Reusable Water Bottles?
- Reusable water bottles reduce the amount of plastic waste that is created from single-use plastic water bottles, which can take up to 500 years to decompose.
- Reusable water bottles are BPA-free, meaning they do not contain any harmful chemicals that can leach into the water and be ingested.
- Reusable water bottles are also more cost-effective than single-use plastic water bottles, as they can be used multiple times without needing to be replaced.
Why Are Insulated Water Bottles Better Than Regular Reusable Water Bottles?
Many people prefer Insulated water bottles because they keep your drinks colder or hotter for longer periods of time, which is especially useful for outdoor recreation in extreme weather.
Insulated water bottles are also more durable and can withstand bumps or drops better than traditional water bottles. I have a couple of stainless steel water bottles with lots of dings, and they are still very much reusable.
Additionally, insulated water bottles are often made of stainless steel or other materials that are free of BPA and other toxins, making them a healthier and more eco-friendly choice than hard plastic water bottles.
With that said, below are the Best Buy It For Life (BIFL) water bottles that will help you reduce your environmental impact and keep you hydrated for many years.
Best Reusable Water Bottles Of 2023
1. The Coldest Water Bottle
Redditors don’t mess around when it comes to product recommendations, and this brawny looking water bottle is indeed a Reddit favorite—especially amongst gym enthusiasts and outdoorsmen.
The Coldest Water water bottle is made of stainless steel, contains double wall insulation, and keeps your liquids ice cold for up to 36 hours, while keeping hot liquids hot for 13 hours.
This reusable water bottle can take a punch, and it floats on water. So if you’re looking for that tough water bottle that you can take to the gym or backcountry, consider The Coldest Water insulated water bottle.
- Stainless steel, double insulation & vacuum sealed
- No sweat technology
- Keeps cold liquids cold for 36 hours
- Keeps hot liquids hot for 13 hours
- Fits most cup holders
- Floats in water
- Available in 3 different sizes
2. Klean Kanteen Insulated Classic
The Klean Kanteen Insulated Classic water bottle is perfect for minimalists on the go, and contains Climate Lock double-wall vacuum insulation that keeps drinks hot for 24 hours and iced for 63 hours.
This reusable bottle also contains a chip-resistant Klean Coat powder coat finish that’s durable and safe for people, as well as the planet. Take it with you and stay hydrated during your travels, outdoor adventures or workouts.
- Climate Lock double-wall vacuum insulation Keeps contents hot for 24 Hours
- Keeps liquids cold for 63 hours
- Chip-resistant Klean Coat finish
- 18/8 food-grade stainless steel
- Won’t retain or impart flavors
- Dishwasher safe
3. Hydro Flask 32oz Wide Mouth With Flex Lid
When it comes to vacuum-insulated water bottles, Hydro Flask has been a top selling brand for years. Their eco-friendly wide-mouth water bottle with a leak-proof flex lid, has particularly grown to be a fan favorite.
The HydroFlask wide mouth is made with 18/8 pro-grade stainless steel which ensures durability, pure taste and no flavor transfer. It’s also made with TempShield insulation that keeps your beverage cold up to 24 hours and hot up to 12 hours.
- Ideal size for all-day hydration
- Fits most backcountry water filters
- TempShield™ insulation keeps beverages cold up to 24 hours and hot up to 12 hours
- Durable 18/8 Pro-Grade Stainless Steel construction
- Dishwasher safe
4. Yeti Rambler Stainless Steel Water Bottle With Chug Cap
The Yeti Rambler is made from 18/8 stainless steel construction and comes with a chug cap design for faster drinking. This is a water bottle that pairs well with the outdoors, and can definitely take a beating.
The YETI Rambler is extremely durable, and will keep your cold drinks super cold and hot drinks very hot. With stainless steel construction, double-wall vacuum insulation, and a No Sweat Design, they’re perfect for any outdoor adventure.
- Made with kitchen-grade (18/8) stainless steel, so they’re puncture- and rust-resistant.
- Double wall vacuum insulation.
Contains dishwasher-safe DuraCoat colors.
5. Super Sparrow Stainless Steel Insulated Water Bottle
If you love the aesthetics of Klean Kanteen, but are looking for a water bottle that’s a little more wallet friendly, consider the Super Sparrow—it’s actually really good quality. I own two different bottles and they have not disappointed.
The Super sparrow stainless steel to-go series are made from 304 food-grade stainless steel and will keep your drinks cold for 24 hours and hot for 12. It also comes with a ton of convenient accessories that you don’t typically get with other bottles.
- Made from 304 food-grade stainless steel
- Keeps liquids cold for 24 hours and hot for 12 hours
- Comes with interchangeable caps (one sports cap and one loop cap)
- Includes a neoprene carrying case
6. Crazy Cap 2.0 Self-Cleaning Water Bottle
The Crazy Cap 2.0 stainless steel water bottle by Mycrolyscs contains a UV light built straight into the cap that sterilizes your water up to 99.99 percent. So not only is this water bottle self-cleaning, it’s self purifying (making it especially perfect for camping ventures).
Another great thing about a self purifying water bottle is that it will never develop an odor because germs don’t live long enough. Perhaps that’s why this particular water bottle won Time’s best inventions in 2020. The con is it’s very expensive—but well worth the buy.
- Maintains hot liquids for 12 hours
- Maintains cold liquids for 24 hours
- Zero Maintenance
- Ultra-durable design
- Lifetime Warranty
- Destroys bacteria, viruses, cysts, etc
7. BrüMate ReHydration Insulated Water Bottle
The BrüMate ReHydration Bottle is a 25oz canteen that keeps your drinks ice-cold for 24 hours and hot for 12 hours. It contains a 100% leakproof sip-through straw lid, and the durable, easy-carry handle makes this your all day go-to hydration bottle for any occasion or activity.
- Contains a leakproof straw lid
- Keep drinks cold for 24 hours and hot liquids for 12 hours
- Contains an easy carry loop
- Has a non-slip base
8. Corkcicle Triple Insulated Travel Canteen
Corkcicle is one of my favorite water bottle brands. It is triple insulated, and their series A drinkware contains a Duraprene coat that’s durable yet super soft, and won’t rub off, chip off, or wear off, even with dishwasher cycles.
This water bottle will keep your drinks super cold for 25 hours and will keep liquids hot for 12 hours. It also contains an Anti-Microbial Rezist™ Coating in the paint that inhibit the survival, reproduction, and colonization of bacteria. Overall, it’s a good looking water bottle with lots of cool features and impressive insulation.
- Triple insulated stainless steel
- Keeps cold drinks cold for 25 hours and hot drinks hot for 12 hours
- Easy grip flat sides
- Tough Duraprene finish
- Non-slip silicone bottom